Advice to help you PLAN, PACK and MOVE the STRESS FREE Way
Moving can be made easier with a little planning and preparation. Total Care Removals offers some tried and true advice below you might find helpful.
Start by booking your move as far in advance as possible. This ensures you get the time, date and truck size you require for your move. Fridays and Saturdays book up very fast, particularly at the end of the month. If you need to move on these days please ensure you book early.
When you book your move we will ask you a series of questions to get an idea of the size of the job and how long it will take. In your answers please let us know…
- As accurately as possible about the quantity of furniture and other household effects you are shifting
- About access to your property such as steps or a tight driveway
- If you have any particularly heavy items such as pianos, so we can bring the appropriate equipment
Packing can be the most time consuming part of the move, and requires a lot of energy and coordination, so…
- Ensure all packing is completed before the movers arrive — or to save time and energy you can use our packing service
- Remember, we can help you – dismantle beds, remove shelves and provide boxes, just let us know what support you require
- Leave draws full unless they have breakables in them, this makes for fewer boxes, and our movers are strong, experienced men and well equipped to move them to and from the truck
- Pack books and heavy items in small boxes and linen and lighter items in larger boxes. Making sure your boxes are not too heavy will prevent any unnecessary injury
- Have all items you are packing dismantled, sealed and placed in one area of your house and ready to go
- Try to keep doorways and stairs clear of shoes and obstacles to make access ways clear and reduce any chance of accidents
When your moving requirements are large or you have difficult access (for example a steep or long driveway) we will recommend using more than 2 men. This is typically a more cost effective option because it speeds up your move considerably and the price often ends up working out about the same.
Also keep in mind the issues about access highlighted above apply equally to your new location. The more information you can provide us with the easier we can make the move.
If our truck or van is going to be loading from the street try to ensure there is parking space available. It’s a good idea to park your vehicles overnight in the space where the truck will park, and move them for the truck when it arrives.