We can move anything to anywhere – but there are a few categories of item that we strongly recommend you discuss with us in advance. It might be that in some cases, we can help you to make special arrangements or to make sure you move such items yourself.
That might be for legal, safety or insurance reasons – or perhaps all three.
For us as expert furniture removers, such items might typically include:
- Jewellery – particularly if you have a total collection that’s valuable overall or any individual items of high value. That would include expensive watches.
- Cash and credit cards.
- Critically important documents, such as wills and testaments, passports and so on.
- Copies of passwords and security documentation (ideally these shouldn’t ever be written down but…..).
- Hazardous materials. If in any doubt, please talk to us for a definition of what our terms and conditions consider to be ‘hazardous items’. Broadly speaking, it includes things such as certain types of chemicals, fireworks, explosive substances, highly inflammable materials, certain biological items and radioactive isotopes etc.
- High-value antiques – particularly those that are highly fragile, such as glass or porcelain etc.
- Expensive grandfather clocks – these can be transported but special cases may need to be built in order to offer adequate protection.
- Firearms and ammunition. Do discuss this with us even if the items concerned are collectible vintage or antique weapons.
- Very sharp items such as large knives, daggers, swords and spears – again whether they’re antiques or not. This is particularly important if you plan to do your own packing.
- Large panes of glass, whether safety glass or not (special handling equipment may be required).