What do you want out of a professional removal?
Some people may have very different ideas about what moving services actually means. Not every customer has the same set of requirements and we know only too well that every single removal will be unique.
However, we also know from experience that customers typically ALWAYS want the following:
- Fast quotations. Needing to chase a potential provider for a quote because they’re “busy” or have “overlooked it” should be a BIG warning sign about likely future performance.
- Advice and guidance. Comparatively few customers are seasoned veterans of moving office or home. Most want proactive advice and guidance rather than sitting downstream with a problem thinking “I wish I’d been told that up-front”.
- A focus on the totality. Successful moving services are about many more things than simply providing some labour and a truck. Customers don’t like the ‘not invented here’ syndrome or the imposition of ludicrous demarcation lines and “more than my job’s worth” mentality. They want services that see the job as an end-to-end process.
- Delivery on commitment. Broken promises and service failures can have consequences that are hugely expensive and traumatic. Apologies often just can’t repair the damage done when moving services fail to deliver what they said they would.
- Care. Nobody wants their possessions moved by someone who regards it all as ‘just another job’. A commitment to care and excellence is essential.
- Security. Clients want to know their goods are secure at all times in transit and in storage where applicable.
- Good communication. Uncertainty is a nightmare when moving and it can be hugely reduced if the removals provider makes the relatively minor effort to keep people informed as to what’s happening.
All these things are mandatory as far as we at Total Care Removals are concerned.
In addition though, some moving services are more variable depending upon the exact removal concerned. They include:
- Professional packing – often highly advisable.
- Cleaning and gardening services.
- Dismantling of furniture or office equipment.
- Carpentry – sometimes required if large pieces of specialist or valuable furniture were built in-place and now cannot be removed through existing doors and windows etc.
- Transhipment. This may be required if your initial removal is going to be subsequently packed into a container for overseas shipment.
- Liaison with other parties. This might be required in situations where builders or other trades professionals need to do ‘something’ that is required to make the removal possible or perhaps where something similar is required at the point of delivery (e.g. a crane).
Whatever your individual requirements are, we will professionally assess them and agree a plan of action with you in advance. We don’t believe in unpleasant surprises!
What you’ll get from Total Care Removals is a service that’s customised exactly to your removals situation. You won’t have to conform to what we think you should be doing but instead we’ll define what we do around your needs.
We’d welcome the chance to show you just what professional moving services really are.