When we speak of commercial removals here, we really mean office removals. Industrial type removals are different again and require some very specific advice and guidance.
However, if you are moving office, here are a few useful tips that might help you avoid glitches and traumas at one end or the other of your pick-up and delivery.
- If you can, it’s a good idea to empty filing cabinets. Although they are becoming rarer in the digital age, it’s still sometimes possible to encounter heavy steel filing cabinets with multiple drawers that are full of heavy paperwork. In that condition, they can be unwieldy, heavy to move and sometimes the internal divisions in each of the draws can come apart during the removals process, thereby mixing up much of your paperwork.
- If you have specialist workstations and desks that were assembled on-site from flat pack materials, remember that they will need to be disassembled before removal. Leaving that until the day itself can add considerable time and cost to the process.
- Make sure that desk contents in boxes are clearly labelled with the owner’s name.
- If you are leasing office equipment such as photocopiers and telecommunications hubs, remember that you may need the leasing company’s advance agreement to move them from one site to another. In the case of our moving company, Christchurch technology and related equipment leasing organisations may well be known to us already. We may be able to give you some further helpful advice.
- If you are moving devices containing significant amounts of inks, toner or other fluids, it’s a good idea to empty them first.
Here at Total Care Removals we have a host of other useful tips and advice on commercial moves.
If you’d like to know more, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone. We’d love to hear from you!